MEA Risk is pleased to announce the launch of its Washington DC conference “North Africa-Sahel Briefing: Stability, Security and Business Risk”
The event is scheduled to take place on March 19, 2015 in downtown Washington DC (venue to be announced shortly).
The conference will focus on the latest developments affecting security and stability in North Africa and in the Sahel region. The countries included are Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, and Egypt for the northern zone, and Mauritania, Mali, Niger and Chad for the Sahel region.
The presentations will assess where the region stands from the perspective of:
– Security and Defense
– Business and Economic Issues
– Human and Social Issues
– and Politics/Geopolitics
In addition to assessing the above factors and exploring future scenarios, the conference will provide insights for companies and institutions involved or active in the region on how to handle their security postures.
Details of the agenda will be released in the coming days.
This event is organized by MEA Risk LLC and The North Africa Journal
More to be announced
Who Should Attend?
Government employees focused on international affairs
Senior executives in charge of government affairs in international corporations
8:30-8:45: Welcome address
8:45-9:30: Presentation 1: Visualizing North Africa/Sahel Clusters of Problems
9:30-10:15: Presentation 2: Inventory of and Outlook on the Region’s Biggest Sources of Crises
10:15-10:45: Coffee Break
10:45-11:30: Presentation 3: Security Postures in the North Africa context: case studies
11:30-12:15: Presentation 4: Keeping abreast of risk: how to stay informed as incidents take place
1:45-2:30: Presentation 5: Sponsor
2:30-3:15: Round table 1: Invitees+Sponsors
3:15-4:00: Round table 2 (invitees and sponsors) and closing statement
4:00 – 5:30: cocktail reception and drawing for a gift
Cost to attend the conference is $300 per seat. Seats are limited. To attend, please either:
– or use our online Credit Card processing
– Cancellation by Organizer (MEA Risk): In the event the conference is cancelled by the organizer (MEA Risk), a full refund will be issued to the attendees within 3 weeks of cancellation announcement.
– Cancellations by Attendees: Cancellations made within 48 hours of receipt of the completed registration form will be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations received in writing more than one month prior to the start of the event will be refunded less a 50% cancellation fee. Cancellations received in writing within one month of the start date of the event will receive no refund and registrants will be liable for payment of 100% of the invoiced amount. A substitute delegate can be named at any time before the event starts and no fees will be applied to this.
– Force majeure: Please note that in the very unlikely case of force majeure MEA Risk is relieved of all obligations. Force majeure includes any circumstance beyond the will of MEA Risk, that impedes permanent or temporary compliance with the obligations, such as “acts of god” and external events such as strikes, transportation difficulties, fire, or severe disturbances affecting the conference organization or its suppliers.
If you have any questions or queries about the booking process please contact inquiries@MEA-Risk.com or call +1-508-981-6937